Please refer to the Recording Receipt in Buy2Pay for full instructions on receiving items.
Note: We are only implementing the Receiving function for invoices that pay for goods and services at this time. Please do not receive invoices for subawards or CNS services.
How To: Receiving Items
- Go to your B2P homepage.
- Hover over your name at the top right-hand side and click
- In the line of the item you'd like to Receive, select the truck icon that looks like this:
- Input the date the item(s) was received in the
- In the
Quick Receiptssection, input in the number of items that were received on that date.
- If you only ordered 1 item, then you can either type in “1” or check the box next to “All” to indicate that all items purchased were received.
- This allows you to partially receive orders.
- You can upload a receipt or packing slip into the
Attachmentssection if you’d like to keep a digital record of the receipt.
- This step is not necessary, but could be helpful for record-keeping purposes because the physical paper slip can be discarded if there is a digital record of it.
If you ordered 10 packs of pencils and only 6 packs arrived on March 1st, you can partially receive the order by logging the
Receipt Dateas 03/01 and
Quick Receiptsas “6.” The PO status will look like this: Let’s say the remaining 4 packs arrive on March 10th. You can click on the truck icon next to the PO line in
Activityand receive the remainder of the order by putting in the
Receipt Dateas 03/10 and writing “4” in the
If an item has been received, the
Status of the PO line in your
Activity section will say “Received” and the truck icon will disappear.
On the corresponding PO page, the status will look like this:
Receiving items in Buy2Pay
If you returned an item purchased through Buy2Pay, you should still “Receive” it through your
Activitytab. This helps B2P and financial officers keep track of purchases made on behalf of the institute.