1. If you submitted a receipt, select whether or not tax was charged in the
Does receipt say tax was charged? dropdown menu.
MIT is a tax exempt institution in Massachusetts and 29 additional states. If tax was charged, and the purchase was over $75 or a business meeting, you will be asked to pursue a refund for the taxed amount. You can also submit MIT’s tax-exemption number (on the procard itself) or our tax-exempt certificates to a vendor before making a purchase to prevent going back to the vendor later.
If you are anticipating a refund on the taxed amount, return to the Transaction Information section of the form, check
Anticipating Refund, and input the amount of the tax in the pop-up box.
2. Upload 1-3 receipts or other pieces of supporting documentation (such as a chat with the vendor) here.
Receipts are always needed for:
- all transactions above $75.00 USD
- all transactions using G/Ls related to meetings and food
Outside of the above times, they are optional 👍.
- fully display the dollar amount of the transaction
- be smaller than 5 MB
- be in