Reimbursements for travel-related expenses in a currency other than USD is ✅ allowed.
The travel office can send an international wire payment in the desired currency. The requestor will need to provide in their travel report the information below, as well as to email@example.com:
- Account holder's full name (exactly as it appears on their bank account)
- Bank name
- Bank address
- Swift Code or Wire Transfer Routing Number Account or IBAN Number
- Report Key # that is being reimbursed (Please also mention which currency is preferred)
Things to keep in mind:
- Accounts Payable uses the real currency rate for the day the wire is getting sent to the bank (using this link as reference): https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/
- The cost object used to cover the expenses will get charged the wire transaction fee.
- The fee is typically $45, but can vary depending on the foreign currency.