Travel expenses that will be reimbursed by an outside institution, such as a university, will still need a travel report submitted in Concur.
The simplest procedure is for the traveler to:
- Pay back MIT for the costs they are being reimbursed by the outside institution for, and
- Have the other institution reimburse the traveler directly (instead of having them send their funds to MIT).
The method for paying back MIT depends on whether or not there were expenses marked as Personal on the travel report:
If expenses were marked as Personal
If there are any expenses marked as Personal on the travel report, payment to MIT must go to the travel office only. Do not send this information to the cashier’s office.
A traveler may:
- Submit a Payroll deduction form. You can reimburse MIT through a one-time payroll deduction, by filling out the Payroll Deduction Form authorizing MIT HR/Payroll to deduct the amount owed MIT from your pay. Include the report key on the form.
- Pay with a credit card. VPF Travel and Card Services can take your credit card information by phone or in person. Contact email@example.com by email or call 617-253-8366 to arrange a credit card payment.
- Send a personal check or money order. Write the the report key on the check or money order. Make payable to MIT and send to VPF Travel and Card Services at NE49-4037 or drop off at the VPF Reception and Service Desk in NE49-3000 (600 Technology Square), Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
If there were no personal expenses
If there were no personal expenses, payment to MIT may go either to the travel office in the three ways described above, or to the cashier’s office in the form of a check. Include the report key on the check if using this form of payment.